Creamy, sweet, and perfectly tart. This delicious, light, lemony “Brownie” is perfect for a spring picnic. (I say, as the days get colder and more wet and bleak here where I live…Winter is well on it’s way.) Have this as a nice change to chocolate brownie. (I know, Lemon “brownie” doesn’t make any sense, but what the name means is that it has a brownie type of texture, without chocolate. Try it! You will love it, I am sure.) Maybe this would be a lovely mothers day treat?
Lemony Lemon Brownies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup flour
2 eggs, large
2 tbsps lemon zest
2 tbsps lemon juice
For the tart lemon glaze:
2 tbsps lemon juice
4 tsps lemon zest
1 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350 (180C) degrees.
2. Grease an 8×8 inch baking dish with butter and set aside.
3. Zest and juice two lemons and set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the flour, sugar, salt, and softened butter until combined.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, lemon zest, and lemon juice until combined.
6. Pour it into the flour mixture and beat for 2 mins at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
7. Pour into baking dish and bake for 23-25 mins, should turn golden around the edges.
8. Allow to cool completely before glazing. Do not overbake, or the bars will dry.
9. Filter the powdered sugar and whisk with lemon zest and juice. Add more icing sugar if it is too runny. You want it thick enough to not soak into the brownies and make it soggy. (That’s what happened to mine! I have halved the amount of lemon juice so it is a thicker icing now.)
10. Spread the glaze over the brownies with a rubber spatula and let glaze set.
11. Cut into bars and serve.
I have slightly adapted this great recipe from here.
these are mild, creamy, sweet
Lips scrubs take five minutes to make, and they make your lips feel sooo soft. You’ll be surprised.
I found a recipe in a magazine a while ago, and that made me want to make up a couple of my own.
Version 1: Chocolate, Brown Sugar, & Honey
(this is most similar to the magazine version)
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
1-2 teaspoons honey
or you could try
Version 2: Coconut, Brown Sugar, & Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon coconut
1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
honey to mix
or you could try
Version 3: Orange, Lemon, & White Sugar
1 teaspoon White Sugar
1 orange Vitamin C Tablet ( this is optional, but it tastes & looks good!)
fresh lemon juice to mix
-Mix the ingredients together until they are a stiff, sticky paste.
The honey scrubs last, the lemon one wont last. The sugar will dissolve with that lemon juice. –
Put into a cute little pot, tie with a ribbon, and there’s a lovely gift.
These are so yummy, I tend to eat more of the lip scrub than I use. 🙂 Enjoy.
1. my new glasses! Only about $25 dollars inc. shipping. I am so happy. 2. Avon’s Slip Into perfume. I got this for my birthday. It’s so sweet and violetty. 3. Baggy pants. These are so so comfy, and, er, stylish…if you wear them right! I got mine from Supre. Perfectly cozy for autumn. 4. Maybelline Baby lips glow in pink blast. It adjusts colour to suit you!! At first I thought it went too pink, but now I love it, especially for photos, it comes out looking perfectly pink, pretty, and natural. 5. Warm water and lemon juice! Read more on my Rant about Lemons. 6. Forget Me Not rose face and hand cream. This is the most lovely, sweet smelling, natural and rich facial moisturizer ever. It says it is for hands too. I just use it for my face, it seems too nice for my hands!
These are some my favorite things at the moment. The list could go on a lot longer.